Read 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 together.
Watch the sermon video (available at pacificunionchurch.org/churchsmall)
Listen. Why is the Christian life compared to race? Why is self control and doing things our body does not want to do necessary for running this race? How is self-control connected to faith, hope and love?
Respond. What specific sins and addictions is God calling you to fight against so that you can run the Christian life? How will you fight them? Be specific. What freedoms is God asking you to give up so that others can run their own Christian race? Again, be specific.
- Is God asking you to do something or to stop doing something?
- Is He calling you to trust him with a specific area of your life?
- Is the Holy Spirit prompting you to repent of a specific sin?
- Are you moved to worship God? Why are you thankful for Him?
- Are you being prompted to pray a specific way?
Share. What is one simple thing you learned from 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 that you can share with someone else? Who will you share it with? Make a plan to share it with them this week.