Read Ephesians 2:11-22 together.
Watch the sermon video (available at pacificunionchurch.org/churchsmall)
Listen. How does the Apostle Paul stretch your understanding of God’s peace? What is Jesus’ good news of peace? What is God saying to you about peace?
Respond. In Christ, we have been reconciled to God and have joined a new family. “They” have become “us”. How is God challenging you to live differently in light of your new family and identity?
- Is God asking you to do something or to stop doing something?
- Is He calling you to trust him with a specific area of your life?
- Is the Holy Spirit prompting you to repent of a specific sin?
- Are you moved to worship God? Why are you thankful for Him?
- Are you being prompted to pray a specific way?
Share. What is one simple thing you learned from this talk and discussion about James 1:1-12 that you can share with others? Who will you share it with? Make a plan to share it with this person this week.
*Also check on the resources where you can listen to African-American and other voices on racial reconciliation at pacificunionchurch.org/racialreconciliation