Watch the sermon video (available at pacificunionchurch.org/churchsmall)
Listen. How does God let us know that his kingdom has come and Jesus has taken his place on the throne? How does the Holy Spirit announce his arrival? What effect does he have on the church and on the crowd that is gathered there?
Respond. Peter explains why the Holy Spirit arrived with wind, fire and the power to speak the message of the kingdom of God. How will you respond? Be personal and specific as you think through these prompts:
- Is God asking you to do something or to stop doing something?
- Is He calling you to trust him with a specific area of your life?
- Is the Holy Spirit prompting you to repent of a specific sin?
- Are you moved to worship God? Why are you thankful for Him?
- Are you being prompted to pray a specific way?
Share. The Holy Spirit has given us power to share the message of God’s kingdom with the world. What is one simple thing you learned from this talk and discussion on Acts 2 that you can share with others? Who will you share it with? Make a plan to share it with this person this week.