Second Sunday in Easter
Read John 20:19-31 together.
Watch the sermon video (available at pacificunionchurch.org/churchsmall)
Listen. What did you hear in the Scripture reading and the sermon? What is God saying to you?
What do we learn about ourselves when it comes to fear and belief? What do we learn about Jesus, specifically how he deals with our fears and doubts?
Respond. If this is God’s word to you, what will you do? How can we follow Mary Magdalene’s example?
- Is God asking you to do something or to stop doing something?
- Is He calling you to trust him with a specific area of your life?
- Is the Holy Spirit prompting you to repent of a specific sin?
- Are you moved by this story to worship God? Why are you thankful for Him?
- Are you being prompted to pray a specific way?
Share. Jesus considered his fearful disciples to be worthy of the calling to make the risen Christ known to the world and now this calling has come to us? Who will you reach out to that is struggling with fear? With whom will you share the hope of the risen Christ?