Memorize this verse as a family:
Acts 17:26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
Listen. God made everything. God made everyone and placed everyone to live in a certain time and a certain place. God did this so that people would start looking for God (Acts 17:27). One of the things this means is that the people in our family, our neighbors, and all the people we know are in our life because God put them there. He wants to us to invite them to follow Jesus with us.
Activity. Make a list of everyone your family knows on a big piece of paper. They can be family members, neighbors, people you see at the grocery store, school, or anywhere. Underline the names of people who are not yet following Jesus. Pick five people in your list that you will pray for daily.
Set Goals: Praying for Five
Make a plan to pray everyday for the five people you picked. Pray these two things:
- Pray for five people in your life that God will work through the circumstances of their life, both good and bad, so that they are open to following Jesus.
- Pray for opportunities to invite them to follow Jesus with you.
Who will you share this lesson with?
- Listen to God. Sit silently in his presence; listen for his voice, submit yourself to his will for the day.
- Respond to God. Pray through the outline of the Lord’s Prayer: worship, surrender, daily needs, forgiveness, and protection.
- Bible Reading. Read the Bible as a disciple, listening to what God has to say, responding with obedience, repentance, worship, and trust, and sharing with others what you are learning.
- Praying for your five. Pray for five people in your life that God will work through the circumstances of their life so that they are open to follow Jesus. Pray for opportunities to invite them to follow Jesus with you.
- Prayer with others. Pray with spouse, family, and others.
- Discipling Friendships. Cultivate friendships with others for the purpose of following Jesus together.
- Community Worship. Join with fellow believers to receive the Gospel through the Word and communion and respond with worship and prayer.
- Participate in training that develop your gifts and deepen your walk as a disciple of Jesus.
- Give your time, money, and talent. Give what God has entrusted to you to love your neighbor, make disciples, and strengthen the church.
- Sabbath. Take a twenty-four hour break, where you cease from all paid and unpaid work. Connect with God, family, and friends. Rest. Play. Enjoy activities that recharge you