Memorize these two verses as a family:
- 1 John 4:7-8 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- Matthew 23:11 The greatest among you will be your servant.
Talk about what God is trying to tell us through these two verses.
- Where does love come from?
- Can you know God without loving others? Why?
- How will “great people” treat others? Read John 13:1-17, the story of Jesus washing his disciple’s feet to remind everyone of the example Jesus set for us.
Ask: How will we be servants to each other? How will we serve people outside of our family? Makes sure your answers are personal and specific.
Check in later in the week to see how everyone is doing with your goals.