Click here to listen to Pastor Nate Hall’s sermon ‘Wind and Fire’
Read Acts 2:1-12 and think about these questions:
Listen. Acts 2 describes the coming of the Holy Spirit, which is as important as the coming of Jesus the Son of God. What does it look and sound like when the Holy Spirit comes? What power is given to the disciples of Jesus who are gathered in Jerusalem? What are they able to do? For whose benefit are they given this power?
Respond. The Holy Spirit empowered the church to proclaim Jesus and his call to repentance for the forgiveness of sins to the world. How might the Holy Spirit be moving you? . Be personal and specific as you think about the following response questions. (Not all may apply to you.)
- How are you being moved to obey God by sharing Jesus with a specific group of people?
- How are you challenged to trust God and the power of his Holy Spirit?
- How are you moved to pray? Who will you pray for?
- How is God calling you to repent?
- How does this passage move you to love and worship God? How are you thankful for him?
Share. Who is one person in your life that you can do this Bible study with?
Deeper Study. The crowds see the wonder of the disciples proclaiming Jesus in their own language, languages the disciples did not know. The crowds ask: what does mean? Read carefully Peter’s sermon in Acts 2:14-41 to find the answer.