Click here to listen to Pastor Nate Hall’s sermon ‘The Holy Spirit and Peace’
Read John 14:23 – 29 and think about these questions:
Listen. What will we do if we truly love God? Why do you think God promises us the Holy Spirit as a reward for our obedience if we need the Holy Spirit to be obedient to God? Isn’t God asking us to do the impossible? What is the Holy Spirit’s role in our lives? What will he do for us? How is his coming as important as Jesus’ coming?
Respond. Think about Jesus’ precious gift to us in the Holy Spirit. Be personal and specific as you think about the following response questions. (Not all may apply to you.)
- How is God challenging to take a leap of faith and obey?
- How are you called to trust God?
- How are you moved to pray? What will you pray for?
- How is the Holy Spirit prompting you to repent?
- How does this passage move you to love and worship God? How are you thankful for him?
Share. Who is one person in your life that you can do this Bible study with?
Deeper Study. God often calls people to take a leap of faith and do the impossible without telling them where they will get the power to do it. Read the following stories and think about how they inspire you to follow their example: