Click here to listen to Pastor Nate Hall’s sermon ‘Reinstated’
Read John 21:1-19 and think about these questions:
- Listen: With the miracle and conversation with Peter in mind, how is Jesus preparing his disciples (Peter in particular) for his return to heaven? What is he trying to teach them so they can carry out his mission on earth?
- Respond: Which of Jesus’ lessons for the disciples challenged you specifically? Be personal and specific as you think about the following response questions. (Not all may apply to you.)
- How are you challenged to obey God specifically?
- How are you called to trust God in a specific area of your life?
- How is the Holy Spirit prompting you to repent?
- How does this passage move you to love and worship God?
- Share: Who is one person in your life that you can do this Bible study with?
- Deeper Study: Jesus used this miracle and his reinstatement of Peter to prepare Peter, and other disciples, to boldly carry out his mission on earth. The question is: how effective was it? What impact did this have on Peter going forward? Read the following passages and think about how Peter has changed from the man who had denied Jesus.
- Acts 2:1-41 – Peter at Pentecost
- Acts 3:1-4:31 – Peter heals the crippled beggar and his testimony before the Sanhedrin.